Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Quick writes

Stress

I don’t think that all stress is bad. If we didn't have stress what would our daily lives be like? I think stress is what give us motivation to do things. I we didn't think about things in different ways our lives would be very different. There would be no satisfaction when we accomplished something. If something failed, it’s the stress that makes us rethink the approach that we take and how we should change it to get a different outcome. You yourself have control over how much that stress effects your every waking moment. I think you can’t dwell on the things that didn't have the outcome you wanted, if you do you will be stuck in the situation unable to move forward with your life. Stress will define the person you become.


Conflicts

I am currently having a conflict with myself and whether my family and I should move into a 3 or 4 bedroom house. My daughter is coming to live with us in the middle of May after she graduates. We currently live in a 2 bedroom 1 bath. My husband works from home so his office is currently in our bedroom. I would love for him to have a separate office, so there is some separation from bedroom and work. If we stay where we are, my daughter will be sleeping on the couch. Do we get a three so she has her own room or does the hubby take the bedroom and she still sleep on the couch or get a four bedroom so both can have a room. I've been looking at long term, is the daughter going to stay for very long?

One side of myself says to do a 3 bedroom because of looking far into the future when both kids are out of the house the 3 bedroom would give us enough room for hubby to have his work office and the other could go for my office/sewing room or guest bedroom. Do we rent again or do we buy. I think it would be cheaper to buy. We could make it ours and if we decide not to stay here, we could use it as rental income.

My husband’s point is that my daughter will be staying with us long term. So we will be needing that extra space. He feels that if she is making the effort to continue with college plans that we should be willing to help her in every way. He also feels that we should stay in the house we are in until I finish college.  One thing that we do agree on is needing another bathroom. Have one bathroom with 4 people in the house is not an easy task. It seems like everyone need to use it all at the same time.



10 things that I’m passionate about
1.       Cooking
2.       Gardening
3.       Family
4.       Helping others
5.       Cleaning
6.       Life
7.       Trying new things
8.       Love
9.       Baking
10.   Sports

I am very passionate about cooking. Cooking is very relaxing for me. Not only does it let me explore the many possibilities with all different kinds of ingredients but also gives me pleasure when other people eat and love my creations as well. I am very thankful for my mother teaching me at young age the basic fundamentals. Over the next 24 years I have perfected many of them skills and learned many others. It has also created a major career goal for me. I want to be a chef and someday open my own restaurant. I want everyone who comes to my restaurant to have a great experience with lots of smiles. My family and friends all support my passion. I have never made anything that my husband didn’t end up liking. When I bake, I always give the extras away to neighbors or friends. I have an obsession with recipes.



Gardening

Gardening is a good way to relieve stress. Playing in the dirt may seem like a childish event, but it will actually bring great health benefits. Growing your own fruits and vegetable has benefits that most overlook. You know what is going in your food, don’t have to worry about it loosing nutrients by being ship for who knows where. You also can control how you get rid of pest that may want to eat your vegetables. When I was young my grandma use to have a garden every year. I would help her can green beans, corn, tomatoes and other things. After eating home canned green beans, the ones you buy in the store do not come close to comparison. When I‘m out playing in the garden, I know that I am getting the freshest vegetables. When out playing in the flower bed, I am creating a tranquil place for me to just relax and take in all the beauty that I created.






The Heart and the Fist


From what I have read of the book the author is giving us a look at what life is like being a marine. Giving us very detailed descriptions of what its like on the front lines. How the wars affect everyone not just the main involved.  Where I connected with the book is he puts his needs last, goes above the call of duty to help the people affected by all tragedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment